How Mediation Can Help You
One would think the problem solved except when you learn why each sister wanted the orange. One sister wanted to squeeze it for juice while the other wanted to zest it for flavoring the icing of a cake.
A good mediator can assist each party with a conversation to help determine the real interests and then facilitate the parties in reaching an agreement that best reflects those interests. In the case of the sisters, the one could have had the whole orange to zest followed by the other sister having the whole orange to juice.
So, why mediate? In addition to helping parties understand what is really wanted by the other, our approach to mediation offers:
- Freedom (You make the decisions on resolving an issue and putting it behind you)
- Fairness (You determine your standard for what’s fair)
- Privacy (You decide who to tell or not tell)
Additionally, one of our specialty services is divorce mediation for clients ready to end a relationship. There are some great benefits to our clients who chose to end their relationships using the tool of mediation.
Here is a more in depth description at what FREEDOM, FAIRNESS & PRIVACY look like for those utilizing divorce mediation.
- Freedom to make your own choices about the end of your relationship
- Freedom to use resources the way you want
- Freedom from having to look back on this aspect of your life with regret or remorse
- Freedom to move on with your life and enjoy all that the future can be for you
- Freedom to make your divorce work better than your marriage or domestic partnership
- Freedom to parent your children in the best possible way
- Freedom from burdensome legal fees
- You will be treated fairly and equitably while achieving justice in the process
- You will avoid the harsh judgments of others
- You, not the courts, attorneys or judge, define fairness for yourself
- Those with children will have a role in determining a fair outcome that is in the best interest of your children
- Unlike court, the process is not a matter of public record
- You will not be embarrassed or ashamed about personal matters that might be discussed
- Your friends, relatives and strangers will only know what you decide to tell them
- You will have a higher rate of compliance since you each contributed to and agreed to how you want to end the relationship